You can download more information about our Snow Sport Courses by clicking on the link below.
SNOW SPORT COURSES
Real Adventure Through Sport (RATS Ltd.) is an accredited and approved activity provider which facilitates overseas Ski courses for children and young people.
Its core focus is to provide a safe and fun experience at a cost which is realistically positioned to ensure participation of all.
For many, the benefits of overseas travel and the exposure to the mountain environment provides a life changing experience, widening their perspectives of the world and accessing an exciting new adventure. The visit is linked to the National Curriculum, with a focus upon learning and achievement rather than a “holiday” experience.
Cultural activities and visits are inclusive to the programme, to experience local culture.
As part of the preparation and planning, our team can facilitate all aspects of compliance with OFSTED and off-site procedures; to include EVC process and risk management, parent letters and consent templates. In addition, pre-visits into school to meet with staff, students and parents can be organised prior to the excursion if required, and is inclusive of all quoted costs.
We have a range of destinations which all have their own appeal and can be costed to meet your budget requirements.
- The Three Valleys – Brides le Bain, Northern France
- Chamonix Valley – Les Houches, Northern French Alps
- Zauchensee – Austria
All hotels offer a variety of accommodation options with the rooms being 4/6 bed apartments. All options have communal games/lounge areas for use on an evening for focused downtime and relaxing.
Food & Drink – Inclusive
Packed lunches are provided at all lunch times on slopes. Breakfast includes juice, toast, cereal, cooked sandwich (i.e. bacon, sausage, egg.) Dinner includes a main course and dessert from a varied menu of pasta, poultry, pastries and fresh vegetables.
Prices can be quoted for either flight or coach options which can be selected and budgeted for as part of the package. Flights are booked via commercial airlines to ensure the most affordable dates of travel are secured. This way we can keep the costs as low as possible to ensure affordability for all. The departure airport is Newcastle, however all alternative options will be communicated in advance with travel to and from the airport arranged. All baggage is transported to resort prior to departure so all passengers on the flight carry hand luggage only, easing the burden of transfer and waiting times.
Ski Lessons & Tuition
All young people will receive ski lessons at a local ski slope prior to departure with lessons and tuition from qualified snow sport instructors whilst in resort.
Staffing & Procedures
All activity is approved under the Adventurous Activities Licensing Scheme and staffed by qualified and experienced instructors, with additional activity workers in support across the waking periods. Within the agreement, reasonable adjustments can be agreed to facilitate the efficient delivery of the agreed programme of activities, and will include:
- Activity Site Operational Procedures
- First Aid provision provided for the duration
- Ski group size no larger than 10 students / 2 adult staff / teachers
- Medical Consent / Information forms to be provided by all participants
- All activities will have Risk Management Plans specific to the activity
- Professional Indemnity Insurance will be provided up to £5 million
- Public Liability up to £5 million
- All skiing equipment (excluding clothing) will be provided by the Activity Provider
- A nominated manager / lead instructor will be nominated as the main point of contact for liaison between school staff
- A duty instructor will be available during the evening and overnight to support/respond to issues and medical emergencies